Friday, March 13, 2009

Who Knew Thai Food Could Be So Easy!!

My Aunt Inkham has passed down her best Thai cook book to Kent, so we have been trying out some recipes. She told Kent that the recipes were easy and most of the ingredients easy to find and she was right!!! We (Tim, Ky and I) LOVE Thai food, as does most of my family and actually a lot of Tim's now, so I have been so excited!!! I have posted the two recipes I have made so far and I will post more as we try them out! I always thought this food would be hard to make and even harder to find the ingredients of, so I am so excited and want to share with everyone!!!
All the ingredients can be found in the store, except the rice noodles. I had to go to the Asian Market to get those, but I think I have seen them in Raley's. The fish and oyster sauces are in the Asian food section of the store and the dry red peppers are on the spice isle in the little plastic bags.
If you like Thai/Chinese food try these recipes! They are awesome and did I mention that Inkhams mom owned a Thai resturant in the Bay Area for many years and used some of the recipes from this book??!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yum. Thai food... We'll have to get together sometime ;)

Camille said...

I am going to try it!!!!!!!