Thursday, May 28, 2009

Basketball Games



I know these pics are a little blury, so forgive me for using them, but they are pics of my dad coaching at CCHS for the last time. This basketball season was my dad's last. He was thinking that it would be at the beginning of the season, and then being called to be the bishop made it official. This week Fallon hosted the all-star game and coach Williams asked my dad to assist him one last time. My mom, Tim, Kylan, Mya and I were at the game and I couldn't help but feel a little sad knowing that this was the last time that I would see him sitting on the bench and the last time that we would meet him outside the coaches office afterwards. My dad has had a long career of coaching basketball in Fallon, both girls and boys. I remember when I was little going to girls basketball practices on Saturdays, and the games with my mom. He coached girls from 8th grade all the way up to Varsity. He then took a short break while I was younger, and started again with coaching my brothers and I in the Indian League. When I was a freshmen in high school he started assisting on the Freshmen boys team and then coached them, then JV and for the last three seasons has assisted with the Varsity.
I know he is ready to retire from coaching, but it will still be odd to go to the games and not see him sitting on the bench! I love you dad and am so proud of the countless hours you have volunteered to help with the basketball program! Your the best coach ever as far as I'm concerned!

1 comment:

Grandma N said...

AMEN to those comments about your dad, Coach Schank! Didn't know about the all-star game, but it is kinda sad. I don't know how he kept it up ever since he was made Bishop. He always manages to do EVERYTHING important, and lots of fun things with the family. He's the best!!!!!! We are also proud of him, and love him lots! N