Sunday, May 24, 2009

Church + Kids = lots of stress!

Another enjoyable day at church for the Sorensen family. We can hardly do it with two kids, I can't imagine adding anymore to the mix! We don't have many young men in our ward, so Tim helps pass the sacrament, but today may have been the last day for that. Here is how our church went:
9:45 Arrive early to make sure the sacrament is ready - it's not, so Tim does it. Kylan has to go potty, Mya is happy in her chair, so we leave her and go potty.
9:58 Church is about to start, notice blood on Ky's shirt and hands, Mya is (thankfully) still happy in her chair, run Ky to the bathroom to wash up, then to the janitors closet to raid the first aid kit, then back in where Mya is becoming cranky so . . .
10:05 Take Mya out to calm her down, come back a couple minutes later and enjoy the only couple minutes of calm
10:10 Kylan has to go potty again and I have to take him because he hasn't #2ed yet, and may need to, hand Mya to grandma, and she begins SCREAMING
10:12 Kylan done, send back with grandma keep Mya happy in the foyer to take the sacrament, then go to feed her
10:30 Mya is fed, come back in, Kylan has to go potty AGAIN! Take him, come back and Mya is hungary/tired AGAIN, so go and feed her
10:50 Mya is asleep, head back in for the closing. Kylan has gone to the bathroom again, Dad took him.
10:05 Closing song, Kylan is already crying about nursery . . . .
At 12:20 I took the kids home, Ky had had a meltdown, Mya was screaming once again, and I had had it!!! Carmae Whitaker reminded me that it will be all worth it someday, and I'm sure it will be, but right now that's hard to see!!!

5 comments:

Mary said...

You do better than you think you do... I think you think people care more about it than they do. You're working it! I didn't think they were bad.

Karin said...

I hear ya sister! Mackenzie is getting way better about sitting and being entertained with coloring or whatever. Brooklyn is 18 months and at the age where we don't even make it through the opening song before we need to go out to the hall. I try to tell myself I'll miss this someday !

Kim said...

I agree with Mary - although when I am in the middle of the situation I always think it is worse than what it seems.

All I can say is I am sorry. . . church is definitely a different experience with kids! Someday it will be a spiritual time again, at least I hope so!

zippy said...

Oh I feel your pain Kassi!! The title of your post is so the story of my life on Sundays! I'm glad Tim and other family members are there to help you out. After nine months I'm still trying to figure out how to get through Sacrament Meeting with 3 kids and no J-rod. Fortunately there are lots of helpful hands in our ward willing to fill in during his absence...bless their souls, without them...I may have given up going all together a LONG time ago. : ) Hang in there, it can only get better from here right?

Sariah Hartley said...

Reading stuff like this makes me want to be a mom so bad. lol.