Monday, April 4, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls

A tradition that Tim and I have started in our family is having cinnamon rolls during General Conference (usually on Sunday). I have used the same cinnamon roll recipe for the last 6 1/2 years of our marriage, and although its not bad it hasn't really been my favorite. This time I looked for a new one and found it in my favorite cook book (don't know why I didn't look there before). I always make them the night before and then put them in the fridge overnight for the final rising (My sis-in-law Rachel taught me that little trick). I then pull them out while the oven preheats so that they have time to warm up a little before I put them in the oven. Melt-In-Your-Mouth Cinnamon Rolls 2 2/3 c milk 1 c sugar 1/2 c butter 1/2 tsp salt 2 eggs 7 c flour 1T (1pkg) yeast Butter Brown sugar Cinnamon Glaze: 2 c powdered sugar 1/2 c butter, melted 1 tsp vanilla Milk In a large microwave safe bowl mix milk, sugar, butter and salt. Heat in microwave until butter is melted. While mixture is hot add eggs, 3 1/2 cups flour, and yeast and mix then add remaining flour. Let rise for 1 hour. Roll dough out to 1/4-1/2 inch thickness and spread butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll into a log and cut rolls then place in 2 9x13 pans (I just used one roasting pan). Let rise one more hour. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Combine all ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over hot cinnamon rolls. These were also good with cream cheese frosting instead of the glaze!!! Enjoy! We sure did!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I think I am going to have to try this recipe out!
-Steph Shepherd

The Fallon Schank's said...

Wow, sounds good! (If you have any samples left, we would be more than happy to devour them for you!)
Thanks for the recipe!
:)

Derek and Tristin Johnson said...

What is your favorite cookbook? I could certainly use some new ideas.

millie said...

I made them Kassi! Oh my goodness they are my new cinnamon roll recipe. Thank you for sharing.