Thursday, April 28, 2011

Picture Post

I realized that I have lots of pictures that I have wanted to post, not to mention our Easter happenings, so here are a ton of pics and an update on each of the kids:

Mya loves to color (definitly a girl thing, because Ky doesn't care for it). She colored this one day and then brought it to me and told me it was for Carissa. Since we weren't going to see her anytime soon, I took a picture of her with it and posted it on Facebook. She liked that (and I'm amazed that she understood what I was doing, but she did). Mya's vocabulary is growing daily. Some of her new favorite phrases are:



  • That's/it's amazing


  • I will


  • Me did it (she doesn't get "I" yet)


  • drink your soda, please


  • pretty, pretty, please!


  • She can now get her own water from the fridge and she drinks TONS everyday (she always has)


  • After lots of practice and work she can now pedal her tricycle and loves riding bikes with Kylan on the carport


  • She loves the dog and really loves yelling at him when he barks


  • She still loves to take naps, especially on my bed which she has been doing a lot lately because Kylan is usually working with Tim in the afternoons.


  • She loves to help me do everything, and it always carrying a stool here and there in the kitchen to help me cook


  • She loves to go gopher trapping with Tim, and Tim tells me that she is fearless and is climbing in and out of the ditches, holes, anything she can climb in and out of while they are gone

Easter was fun this year. Kylan understood things a little more, so we made sure we talked a lot about the true meaning of Easter and really seemed to get it (as much as a 4 year old can anyway). My mom had us all over to color eggs, which I really appreciated because I don't do well with messy things like this and was kind of dreading having to do it. Good thing Grandma Kenna loves it! Both the kids loved it and did a good job.















Reed and Carissa also colored eggs with us (Aunt Lynne hates the mess too). Mya was pretty funny, she was plop an egg in, take it out 1 second later, put in back in the holder (tap it a few times with her spoon just for good measure, usually cracking it), push the cup of dye out of the way and say "next".


Emmit loved helping me take pictures of the egg dying and really loved it when I took his picture. He is getting so old all of a sudden. Although he is still not crawling, he is getting more and more creative about getting around. His preferred way is scooting around on his bum. If he does get on his stomach (or when mean mom makes him play on his stomach), he pushes himself into push up position and crawling position, making him go backwards. Yesterday though, he figured out if he kept his cheek to the ground and pushed his legs he would go forward. He loves to play with paper and rip it up into pieces, he loves the remote control and he just loves to be in the play room with his brother and sister. He also puts himself to sleep at nap time and bedtime and doesn't even cry when he does it. He has also FINALLY started sleeping 8+ hours in a row each night!!! It's been amazing!!!



Easter Sunday was a little hectic. The kids hunted eggs at our house, then we had church from 10 to 1, then ate at Sorensen's at 2:30, followed by dinner at Schanks at 5:30. We were all asleep by 9:00 that night! But we sure did have a lot of fun. The kids had three easter egg hunts (one at each house).


Mya hunting eggs at Sorensen's in her Easter outfit from Gma and Gpa Schank


Ky in blue hunting eggs at Sorensen's in his new outfit from Schanks.

The day after Easter in their new outfits from Gpa and Gma Sorensen. Mya loves everything Princess right now so she couldn't wait to wear this and Grandma told Ky his outfit was for working with his dad, so he wouldn't put his on until Tim called and said he was picking him up to ride in the tractor. They wouldn't stand any closer becuase they kept fighting and pushing each other! (Still tired from Easter).



Kylan is at a very fun age. He is so excited for pre-school next year and is always asking me when he can go. He loves gopher trapping and can actually find and dig up the holes with Tim. He asks a million questions about everything and remembers everything you tell him. He even picks up on every conversation Tim and I have (sometimes good, sometimes not so good). He also loves to help me in the kitchen and is good at dumping things in, helping me count and "just watching" (how he helps when there is nothing he can do). He has had a bad cold the last couple days, and so had to stay home with me yesterday afternoon rather than go with his dad. He told me it was his day off for the week (he picks up on everything). He still likes to get up early, but has gotten very good at just getting into bed with me and snuggling and usually falling back to sleep with me (if he doesn't, he doesn't bug me). I like this because Tim goes to play basketball every morning at 6am, so it's nice to have someone to snuggle with!

Well, that's about it for my long post!!!

No comments: