Wednesday, January 20, 2010

9 Weeks Pregnant & Update on the kids

So I am 9 weeks pregnant today. Not that far along, but it seems like just yesterday I had my ultrasound that said I was 5 weeks pregnant, so I know this is going to fly by even faster than Mya's did. I have to say, I have been very blessed the last couple weeks in that my morning sickness has not been bad at all. I think now that the really bad days that I had at the beginning were actually the flu (it was right before both my kids had the flu, pink eye and tonsilitis). This has been more like my morning sickness with Kylan, except that I have medicine this time around, so it's even more manageable! So, I am guessing now that I am having a boy. Kylan might be disappointed if this is so because he says he wants another sister, but I would be fine with another boy!


And here is the update on what the kids are doing:


Kylan:
  • Is a cartoon addict (I blame the pregnancy). His favorite is Go Diego Go! He knows the whole opening song and has to dance and sing it when it is on. It's pretty cute! He also still likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (I think he has a crush on Minnie Mouse) and really any other cartoon that is on.

  • LOVES trains. He carries around an insert that came with one of the train items he got for Christmas that has a bunch of other trains that you can buy on it and is always reminding me of which one he wants for his birthday.

  • Is very upset that Christmas is over. He still asks to see the big Christmas tree and to watch The Grinch cartoon and drink chocolate milk.

  • He still knows the words to every song on the radio and sometimes I am allowed to sing with him, and most of the time I'm not!

  • Loves nursery and his teachers and his friends there. He was really sad the whole time that he was sick that he was missing nursery

  • Loves his sister and is nice to her some of the time. He loves that she is walking and still calls her baby girl more than he does Mya.

Mya:

  • Is WALKING! She just started a week ago and now never wants to crawl - unless she has to go over something or is in a big hurry. I'm afraid in another week she will be running!

  • Still hates shoes and socks. I still put them on her all the time, and before we get where we are going they are off. So, once again, don't judge me if you see me out with my children and she has bare feet, it's not my fault!

  • Has become very attached to what has been named her "stinky bunny" because she sucks on the ears and it becomes very stinky very quickly. I wash it all the time, but I have to hide it from her and she isn't too happy with me

  • Says Mama, Daddy, and Ky-Ky (sounds more like Dy-Dy) and she always calls for her brother and dad, never her mom!

  • Points to everything!

  • Loves her big brother, even when he is mean to her!

  • Is getting better about giving kisses, but is still a lot more stingy than her brother ever has been!

  • Is a sweet little girl who loves to sit on her grandmas laps and just hang out, which I think I would've taken for granted if I hadn't had a very active little boy first who hated sitting on laps at her age!

Mya's birthday is on Sunday so I have started weaning her from her bottle since I have the policy that at a year old there are no more bottles. I thought she was going to be tougher than Ky because I have gotten her in the habit of taking a bottle to bed, but she has done really well at going to bed without a bottle, and just fell asleep for her nap without one, so I don't think it will be too bad of an adjustment! I just can't believe she is going to be one in a couple days!

1 comment:

Abe n Linz said...

Your family is so cute! I can't believe you're going to be a family of 5 soon! Crazy how time flies! I am glad that you're feeling a little better, and it would be great if it was a boy! Our little man need a play mate :)