Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Diaper Bag

After almost 3 years I am retiring my first diaper bag and have upgraded to a new (very fun) one. I have liked my previous bag. It wasn't too diaper bag looking, which I liked. When I bought it they had just started making some of them so that they looked more like an oversized purse rather than a plastic cartoon-character decorated DIAPER bag. Now that the oversized purse is in style, and since I can't own one of those (well, I could but it would be a waste since I would only be able to carry it to the store once-in-awhile), I decided to get a new diaper bag that looked like one and I am so happy I did.
My favorite features of the new bag are the compartments on the outside at each end for bottles that completely zip closed to keep the bottle protected (no more dirty bottle tops and bottles falling out when I bend over) and the fact that the whole thing zips closed (no more losing half the contents when it tips over in the car or when I have to bend over with it on my shoulder). I will admit that I am very thankful that I am having children at a time when baby gear and maternity clothes are stylish, and not when my mom was having kids and you wore leggings and a tent (because there were no other options) and bags looked like I previously described!

P.S. I forgot to mention that I got this from the gap for 50% off!

5 comments:

The Fallon Schank's said...

Too cute--and 50% off! What a deal!

Little Moms have so many cute things nowadays! How lucky can you get?!

Montserrat said...

Oh goodness, the bag is adorable! I've been meaning to stop by the blog and congratulate you on your pregnancy.

So you're working in YW now? I bet they love you tons! I like how you used the Magic PB cookies as an object lesson. I will definitely keep that in mind for future use.

zippy said...

Congrats on the new baby on the way...I'm a bit behind in reading blogs!

The new diaper bag is gorgeous and what a deal too! How fun. : )

Abe n Linz said...

Sounds like an amazing bag!

LasVegasSchank's said...

Your bag is adorable and I love that everything zips shut because I have that problem (spilling half the bag) LOL! Congrats again!!!