Monday, January 4, 2010

Enter At Your Own Risk . . .

. . . that's what I feel like putting on our front door! Tim and I and the kids have been in sickness hell since Friday. It all started with Mya having pink eye. She had it in both eyes by early afternoon, and just about the time I thought to myself "wow, I can't believe Ky doesn't have it" he started it in one eye and within a couple hours it was in both eyes. Luckily Uncle Derild saved us and brought over 1 1/2 bottles of prescription eye drops he had from when his kids had it last. Saturday (the day of Kort & Jessie's reception), Kylan seemed to have a stomach bug, but he was acting normal all day and said his belly didn't hurt, so we took him to dinner that night. He was refusing to eat (which he does sometimes), so Tim finally got him to take a bite and he threw it up immediately. He and Tim did not attend the reception, in fact Mya had refused to take a nap that afternoon, so she fell asleep right before we were going to leave, so she did not attend either. Sunday, Mya and I went to sacrament meeting in another ward (another long story), and she seemed fine, until we got home. Mya started running a fever of 101-102, Kylan still had the stomach bug (but no more throwing up), and the pink eye began returning again. Neither have been sleeping well, and needless to say we are all tired and tired of being sick! Tim and I both have colds to top it all off!!! I'm hoping a miracle occurs tomorrow and we all wake up (or at least the kids) happy and healthy because this mom has had it!!!

2 comments:

Grandma N said...

Kass - if you still have the eye meds, keep putting it in for a day or two after it seems cleared up - sometimes it takes awhile to really kill it! Guess you know that now, but just thought I would mention it. I hope all of you are well tomorrow! BTW - Carissa and I picked up batteries for Kylan's race car today...maybe we can drop them by tomorrow.
Love, Grandma N

Kassi said...

We have kept putting it in, it just keeps flaring up or something, but today they both look pretty good, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's finally gone!