Thursday, March 11, 2010

Doctors Appointment and House Pics and Update

I had a checkup today and things went well. The best part was that I brought Kylan with me to hear the heartbeat and I am so glad that I did because he was so excited to hear it! When we got to the car he immediately had to call his dad and tell him about it. At my appointment in April we will make an appointment for my ultrasound, so that should be the middle of May.

The house is moving right along. The sheet rockers are there today and will be done by Tuesday or Wednesday. Once they are done we will be painting everything and then hopefully have the carpet layed the next week and then we start moving. I am so excited, unless I think too much about what moving implies, then I am overwhelmed, so I try not to dwell on that part! Here are a few pictures I snapped yesterday afternoon:

I thought it was interesting that under the wood paneling you could tell where there had originally been a large window.

The new shower in the master bathroom. We were just going to keep the shower that was already there, but it was all rotted out. When we started taking it out we found that the tile was layed over random materials such as brick, cinder block, and random rock. We have found a lot of things like this in the house.


The view of everything opened up from the kichen bar.

Kylan's birthday is on Monday and he wanted to have his party at his new house, but unfortunately until the sheet rockers are done we don't have running water or full electricity (they can't finish the plumbing until the other is done), but we will be moved in before too long!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Call me when you need help painting! Looks great already!

The Youngs said...

Fun! At least you're moving to a new house in the same town. :) The house looks GREAT so far! I'm expecting a grand tour when you're all moved in. Maybe Kylan could have a late b-day party at the new house?

Davis and Laura said...

I'm so confused. I can't figure out where everything is!!! Ahhh! Its looks great though. I'm excited for you guys.

valstevenson said...

Is there still the step down into that extra room and up into the room where the piano was? Also I want to see the bathroom and laundry room where the office was. This is so exciting to see it come together. YOu guys are quick. It looks great.

LasVegasSchank's said...

Looks great! Oh the joys of moving... but just think when it is all done you will be so excited!!! We can't wait to make a trip up and see it!