Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But!

I saw this on a couple other blogs today, and decided to participate. This is my house, on an everyday basis with little editing. It's taken me a few years to accept this condition of my house, before kids I prided myself on keeping my house (except my bedroom, always been a challenge for me) in ready to be seen condition. However pregnancy, kids, and life have made that impossible, plus I am in this house limbo where I have little motivation to clean because we will be moving soon and it will be much easier to clean once it is empty. So, here it is in all it's glory:

We'll start with the worst - my laundry room. It's an obstacle course and decorated with Tim's drying barn clothes. I am so excited to have a whole room as a laundry room that I'm sure will still look something like this!

Even the hallway isn't clutter free. This is a bin of too-small kids clothes and blankets ready to take to the new house, except that I had to dig something out of it the other day and haven't put it all back. Oh, and that is the one and only linen closet overflowing under the door into the hall.

My pink and blue bathroom that feels like it is never clean no matter how much I clean it. There is only one plug in, so that is an extension cord so I can plug in my curling iron and blow dryer at the same time. No towel hanging on the towel rack, just my bathrobe and what you can't really see is the used cotton swabs and pieces of toilet paper on the rug that Mya pulled out of the garbage can. Yes, that is the roll of toilet paper on the counter. It hasn't been in a holder since Kylan discovered it 2 years ago.

My bedroom that is always overrun with laundry, bed never made, unfolded laundry in baskets on the bed and what I did clean up was my underwear drawer that Mya likes to empty and strew around the house.


Kylans room, Enough said.


The living room which always looks like this because our house is too small. Can't wait to have an actual playroom for the kids!


My overcrowded dining room. Our table is never completely clean unless we are having a family dinner. My printer and whatever I don't know what to do with is on it or on one of the chairs. Also, Mya's mac & cheese mess from last night is still on the floor and on the high chair.

My kitchen (if you ignore the breakfast nook/catch all in the back) is actually pretty clean today because I haven't done any cooking yet. In the back you can see that Tim's camping stuff from last weekend still hasn't been cleaned up, and probably won't be until he camps again (or we move).

So, there it is. Hopefully I made you feel better about your own house, and if you are brave take the challenge and share!

2 comments:

zippy said...

Thanks Kassi for keepin' it real!! This post does make me feel a tinsy-winsy bit better! Our house this week has been, well a bit of controlled chaos & is so-o not in 'ready to be seen condition!' I would take and post pictures, but we are having camera issues...our main camera died over a week ago and our little point & shoot has a dead battery which I still have to figure out how to recharge. We are having the missionaries over for lunch tomorrow and out-of-town guests on Monday, so I guess I'd better get a move on! Maybe once we have a working camera I'll be brave enough to post pictures of how we REALLY live. : )

millie said...

I am glad to know I am not the only one who can't get control of the house mess. And I hate to say that part of it is a "What is the point? As soon as I clean a little boy will just mess it up behind me" feeling. I also want to know how you feel about the size of the counter space in your current kitchen? I hate mine and I know that your new house has a much bigger kitchen.