Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wall Paper, Paint and Bathroom Flooring

Before I get into the remodel, I first have to publicly thank both my wonderful father and my wonderful husband. Last night I went to the Fallon Dancing with the Stars while my dad and hubby painted and stained their guts out! It was so awesome to walk into the house today and see how much of the living room they had painted and to see the doors for the bathrooms looking closer to the right color and I didn't have to do any of it!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!
The master bathroom before . . .

. . . and after. Still needs another coat of paint, toilet and some cleaning, but you get the idea. The flooring was just layed yesterday and I love it!


The new downstairs bathroom with paint and flooring:

The wall paper removal in the middle during the process:

. . . and freshly painted with their first coat of paint. The ceiling is also completely done. It is looking so nice I can hardly believe it. Just a little note on wall paper . . . NEVER put it in your house because it will go out of style and then you will have to remove it and it is HELL! Just use paint people!!!

8 comments:

Shellee said...

It's amazing how many changes that house has gone through. YOu guys are doing so much so fast. I have been watching the updates. it's so weird that my grandparents aren't there anymore. I am glad you guys can be there.

Kelli said...

beautiful! good job guys!

Abe n Linz said...

Lookin' good! I have a huge appreciation for all of the hard work you've been doing, it's a big job.
I can't wait to see it in person.

Mary said...

Holy cow! (I like using that phrase as much as possible now) Looks great. I want to see it in person.

Has Rayanne had her baby? I've been out of town...

Shellee said...

It is looking so goooood! You guys are busting your buns to get things done. Can't wait to see it for real.

This is from Val, Shellee was using my computer earlier.

Lyle and Lori said...

What I love the most is that you appreciate that old house. It looks fabulous. When I have a few extra moments soon, I want to stop by for a quick peek. Keep up the good work. XOXO, Lori

Kassi said...

Thanks everyone! Mary, no she hasn't, but I think she will have the baby this week whether it's on her own or induced, she'd getting pretty miserable! Also, I just mailed a little note to each of our VT people and I hope you are having fun visiting your family! And Lori - stop by anytime!

Kassi said...

Thanks everyone! Mary, no she hasn't, but I think she will have the baby this week whether it's on her own or induced, she'd getting pretty miserable! Also, I just mailed a little note to each of our VT people and I hope you are having fun visiting your family! And Lori - stop by anytime!