Friday, February 18, 2011

Snow Day and Emmit Update

We woke up to all of this today:


Kylan and Mya couldn't wait to get out in it. They begged me to get them dressed from the moment they got up. In fact, Kylan has gotten really good at being able to dress himself, so when I got all their warm stuff out and ready and Emmit got upset so I had to hold him, Kylan had dressed himself by the time I got back to getting them ready! I never knew how nice it would be when he could dress himself!

And there they go, looking for the "deep snow". They actually played for about 30 minutes, then came in for hot chocolate and I dried their clothes for them and then they went out again for about an hour! Good thing too because it is already gone!
Onto the Emmit update. The walk-in clinic doctor told me on Wednesday that if he still had a fever Friday morning to bring him back in. Last night before bed his fever finally broke, for the first time since Saturday night. We were so happy! He only woke up once last night, and then when he got up this morning his fever still hadn't come back! Other than throwing up a bunch of flem, he was feeling so much better! He went down for a hap around 9am and slept for almost three hours. When he woke up he felt warm, but I thought it was just from sleeping, so I gave him Tylenol (for the pain in his ear since his ear drum ended up rupturing Wed. afternoon), then fed him and changed him. I then took his temp and it was 103.5 and this was about 30 min after he had been given Tylenol! I called Tim who came home immediately. Emmit threw-up again by the time he got home (mostly flem again), so we bathed him and I ran him in. His temp was still at about 102 in the doctors office (now over an hour since he had medicine) and so they put him on a stronger antibiotic + antibiotic drops for his ear. If he still has a fever on Monday I have to take him back, and if it gets above 104 we are to take him to the ER over the weekend (she told me Narag is on duty this weekend which is good). I just want my baby to be better!

1 comment:

Abe n Linz said...

Too scary. How painful for his ear drum to burst and not know what was going on!