Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Tim and were able to go out Saturday night for dinner (thank you Gav and Rayanne), and it was that night that the sickness started for Emmit and Kylan. Needless to say, we have had a long couple of days. Kylan is better, Emmit is getting there after a trip to the ER and call to the doctor. Admist all of this, I didn't get our kids anything for valentines day. I had planned on stopping on our way to pick the kids up after our date night, but since that was when they became sick I wasn't able to.
What I really wanted to do in this post was to thank the grandparent's and great-grandparent's for the wonderful gifts they brought to our kids yesterday. I was feeling pretty terrible that I hadn't gotten the kids anything for Valentine's day, but everyone else more than made up for that. Also, Tim and Ky went on a medicine run and got me a very nice card and some candy. Tim told Kylan they were going to surprise me and Kylan asked him if he could hide under the table (he didn't quite get that the card and candy were my surprise). So here they are this morning with some of their loot (dad hid some of it so well that even I can't find it - we all basically survived on candy yesterday, in fact at about 6pm last night I realized I hadn't eaten anything but candy and diet coke and water all day because I was so tired and busy with Emmit).
The roses were from my grandparent's because my kids have all been sick a lot lately. Love my grandparents!

Emmit woke up, so we had him get in one really quickly.

Here he is with his dog that Grandma and Grandpa Adams got him. He really does love it, this is one of the few almost smiles that we've gotten from him in the last couple days.


And then that smile turned to this! And this is where he began crying for about an hour, until I got him to sleep and then rocked him for another half hour before laying him back down. The cute thing that he has started doing while being sick is holding his arms out to Tim or I (mostly me, he has turned into a mama's boy the last few weeks) because he wants one or the other of us!

1 comment:

Abe n Linz said...

Crew is sick here as well :( But it sounds like Emmit's is worse. Poor kid. Hope everyone gets better soon.