Thursday, May 19, 2011

15 Facts About Me

I'm going to try to do the 30 day challenge, so here is day one. 15 Facts About Me:

1. I LOVE Fallon. It took me moving to Reno for four years in college to realize that, but I love living here. I love how good it smells in the spring and summer. I love that when I tell people my name they usually know who my parents and my in-laws are. I love that my kids have a possibility of having some of the same teachers I did growing up. I love that people at church tell me that they remember when I was my kids age. I just love Fallon.
2. I think it is important for kids to be raised around their grandparents and aunts and uncles. I think it just ups the posibility that much more that they will turn out good if they have lots of good examples and love around them.
3. I'm not very social and it's because I'm lazy. I hate to admit this, but sometimes I think it's too much work to have too many friends outside of my family. That doesn't mean that I don't have friends outside of my family, it just means that I'm not a very good friend (I need to work on that).
4. I'm a home body. It has taken having 3 kids for me to become this way, but I am now. I like people to come to me (once again, a lazy thing). It's just a lot easier to keep my kids in their normal environment, where I don't have to worry about them breaking, destroying, staining, etc. other people's things!
5. Growing up, I was always super skinny. So skinny that I didn't really like it and I didn't have to work to be that way. Then I went to college, gained a few, then lost it, then gained it, then started having kids. The worst part is that in my head I still picture myself as a skinny person . . . Then I look in the mirror. Anyway, I am working on that now and I am trying to be patient about it.
6. I'm not a good budgeter. I am trying to be get better at it, but it's been a LONG process!
7. I think I'm pretty good at keeping my house somewhat cleaned and organized. I do have my moments, but for the most part I try to make sure the dishes are all done and everything is cleaned up before I go to bed and throughtout the day and that I mop, vacumm and clean the bathrooms at least once a week.
8. If my house isn't clean I am stressed out, cranky and not fun to live with (ask Tim).
9. I would have more kids then we are planning on having if I didn't get sick at the beginning. I think I can only handle the 4-5 months of being sick one more time. It it kind of funny, because before getting pregnant with Mya I had forgotten how it felt being sick with Kylan, then I hadn't totally forgotten when I got pregnant with Emmit, but enough to be okay, but now I can't remember many things, but I can vividly remember how it feels those first few months and I don't know if I can go through that more than one more time!
10. One of my pet-peeves is people who just make up random middle names for their kids. Sorry if I am offending anyone, but I think a middle name should mean something, not just be a random name.
11. I have to have sleep. When my babies are newborn I am a bit of a crazy woman because I don't do well without sleep. I never have. I didn't really like sleepovers when I was younger for this reason. Going along with this, I am not a night or morning person. I would be so happy going to bed at 9pm every night and not waking up until 8 or 9 every morning. Maybe someday . . .
12. I LOVE to read. Absolutely and completely love it, but like many things I don't have much time to do it anymore. This makes me a little sad sometimes:(
13. Another pet peeve - my 4 year old biting his toe nails (I think I have told him about 5 times just while typing this to stop)! DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
14. I loved being the only girl in my family growing up. I didn't have to share many things, got to do lots of fun things with my mom, and if you never have something you don't know what you are missing . . . so no, I don't think I missed out on anything by not having a sister!
15. I don't do many crafty type projects, because if I do I HAVE to work on it until it is done. I can't do anything else. I totally ignore my kids, house, husband, etc until it is done. So, it's better that I just don't even start or only do really easy fast things!

5 comments:

Derek and Tristin Johnson said...

Ditto on #3. I've told myself when we move that I'll try and do better. We'll see. At least you and Tim will always be our friends no matter how lazy I am.

Kim said...

I feel the same way about friends! I love them and I have them, but I so am not a good friend, I miss birthdays, keeping in contact all those kind of things it takes to be a good friend.

I am also the same way about sleep. I get panicky just thinking about not getting sleep!

I wish my kids could figure out that I am a much nicer mom if they help keep the house somewhat clean:)

So fun that you are doing this!

Mary said...

I think it's time to plan another themed party so we can be social. I'll plan it.

Kassi said...

Thanks Kim - it makes me feel better that I'm not alone in those things!
And Mary, yes! It is about time that we are social again!!! I had some good ideas for the one you mentioned during the mutual activity out here!

Tristin Johnson said...

Mary, wait until June for the party so we can come, please! Yes, I just invited myself.