Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 4

Tim's costume for Gavin's Fiesta themed 30th Birthday party last night. He was trying to dress like their older workers do for going out on the weekends, but ended up looking just like his grandpa Avon, who was half Mexican, so it worked either way. He ended up winning for the best costume.


20 of my favorite things:

1. Summer time. I love everything about it - the heat, the smells, the sounds, being able to go to the lake with family, my kids being able to play outside, watching the crops grow in the fields, the smell of freshly cut grass and alfalfa, summer clothes, it being light out until 9pm. I love everything about it!

2. The feeling I get when I hold my babies for the first time - first the relief and sense of accomplishment, and then the love I feel for this new little person. That is what gets me through pregnancy, being sick, fat, uncomfortable and then of course labor!

3. Kisses from Kylan. He is 4 and still will give me kisses whenever I want one, but there are certain times that he HAS to kiss me or he gets upset - first thing in the morning, before going to primary, and before bed. If we forget he gets very upset. In fact the first thing he said when he got home from his sleepover with Braden was, "Mom, we didn't do our good morning kiss."

4. Snuggling with Mya. She wasn't a very cuddly baby, but she is now when she wants to be. Sometimes she will come snuggle up to me on the couch and she just snuggles right up to me and is still (unlike her older brother) and likes me to play with her hair, and most of the time I end up dozing off. That's the kind of snuggling I like!

5. Newborn baby breathe. People may think this is weird, but I love the way newborn baby breathe smells especially right after they nurse (but before they spit up of course).

6. Babies first kisses. Emmit is in this stage, the open mouth, tongue out first kisses that my babies give are so fun! Emmit's are especially great because he grabs either side of my face and pulls me towards him. So cute!

7. Spending time with my husband. I just love it when we can get away just the two of us, or at least the two of us and whoever is the baby at the time. Whether it's for a few hours or all day it really recharges me, lets me get things back in perspective and reminds me of how in love I am with him!

8. Spending the day at my Grandpa and Grandma Adams' house. I haven't done this in a long time, but even now if the kids and I go to visit them during the day, grandma will send grandpa to McDonald's for lunch and we can order whatever we want, and we just get to hang out and relax like I did when I was little.

9. Sunday dinner at Grandpa and Grandma Schank's house. Once again, I haven't experienced this since I was little, but I loved it when they invited us over for Sunday dinner. The food was always extra good (because it was grandpa and grandma's), grandpa always put a can of Mountain Dew in the punch, and we always had Jello with fruit cocktail mixed in and little marshmellows on top.

10. Spending time with either my whole family or Tim's whole family. I get so excited when we are able to have all of our siblings together. It's so fun to remember when we were little and just hang out.

11. Watching Tim's family's home videos from when they were little. Tim's parents always had a video camera and they were good about using it AND kept good track of all their videos. They have had them all put on DVD now and I love being able to see what their family was like when everyone was little.

12.Food. I love to eat it, cook it, think about it, plan it out, try new kinds. I just love food!

13. Eating at Maddox's in Brigham City. While Tim and I were in Logan I think we ate there at least twice a month (sometimes more). Not only is it good food, but it reminds me of Adams family reunions. If you ever go, get the prime rib and make sure you go during peach season so you can get the fresh peach pie with a scoop as big as an ice-cream scoop of real whipped cream on top!

14. Diet Coke. If you know me, it needs no explanation.

15. When all the kids are in bed and we aren't so tired that we just go right to bed too, but Tim and I get to stay up and watch TV together and just hang out.

16. New things - clothes, sheets, towels, furniture, dishes, toys, etc. I just love new things.

17. Having a clean house - and having the whole thing clean all at the same time. Doesn't happen too often anymore, I usually clean in stages, but when I do have the energy and time to do it all at one time, it's awesome!

18. Fresh flowers. Someday when I can afford it, I will always have fresh flowers in a vase on my island. For now, I have to settle for having them when my Iris's are in bloom, or my lilacs or for special occasions.

19. This is a recent favorite - Reeces Whips candy bars. I am obsessed with them at the moment!

20. Living out in the country. I grew up living out of town, but I didn't truely appreciate it until Tim and I lived in town. I am so grateful to be living out of town again. I love the openness, the quiet, the space, and the privacy. I also love that we live right on the dairy, so we get to see Tim during the day when he pops in and we can go visit him easily!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Ditto on at least half of those things.

Love Tim's outfit. I don't know why he didn't wear that to church today. The gold watch really dresses it up.

valstevenson said...

At first I couldn't decide if that was a picture of Brian or Robbie. I don't think it looks like Tim. But he is dressed up like Teri's dad:) I miss being out there. I am so glad you are in my mom and dad's old house. What a blessing it is for all of us to know that someone is loving that house like we all did growing up.

Karin said...

I'll have to take a trip up to Brigham City when the peaches come on and try Maddox's. I wish we lived closer so we could love food together :)

Kelli said...

he is the spitt'n image of grandpa young! that is the first thing i thought when i saw that picture!

jamie k said...

late comment ... i'm not good at leaving comments sometimes

anyway, when i first saw that picture of tim, i thought he totally looked like avon - even before i read your writing. that is so funny.