Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 8

Day 8: A Recipe



This is our family's latest favorite recipe. In fact, I think that no one eats the banana's anymore just so they will go bad and I will have to make this! This is the most moist banana bread I have ever had and the crust of cinnamon-sugar that it gets when it bakes is to die for!!! Now, I'm not a huge chocolate person, so I don't put the chocolate chips in, but I am sure that for all you chocolate lovers out there they are really good in it too!

Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

4 T sour cream

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 c butter

1 c sugar

2 eggs
1 1/2 C flour

3 ripe bananas, smashed

1/4 t salt

1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

2-4 T cinnamon-sugar

Mix sour cream and baking soda. Add the butter and sugar and mix into a cream. Add eggs, vanilla, flour, banana's and salt. Add chocolate chips and mix. Grease a loaf pan, then sprinkle with 1-2 T cinnamon-sugar to coat. Pour in dough, the sprinkle with another 1-2 T cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

P.S. The afternoon is turning out to be much better than our morning was! So glad!!!

4 comments:

valstevenson said...

sounds good cassi, I have 3 rotten bananas, just had a root canal, numb, and can't eat anything. but that sounds soft and good. I will have to give it a try.

Hope you had a better day today....the other day sounded pretty wild. when it rains it pours (as far as bad things happening) I am glad you are their mom. It's a thankless job. you are awesome!

Kassi said...

Thanks Val! I am glad it was better too! Hope you feel better soon from your root canal, that's no fun:(

The Youngs said...

I just so happen to have 3 totally worthy bananas myself! And I've been on a baking spree. I'm sure Kyle wouldn't mind one more thing. I might have to give it a shot, too. Do you just put it all into the 1 loaf pan?

Kassi said...

I'm sure Kyle won't mind at all - it has banana's so it's kind of healthy, right???? It does fit in one loaf pan.