Friday, May 6, 2011

"Sicko" De Mayo Party!







Tim and I (and Mya a little bit) celebrated Cinco De Mayo last night. Tim changed it to "Sicko" in honor of our sick kids. I had made Ham Hocks and Beans, which Tim's family likes to eat on tortillas like a taco or burrito (very yummy) and while at the store yesterday to buy things for Kylan to drink while waiting to get Emmit's antibiotc, I bought limes for Brazilian Lemonade, and avocado's for guacomoli and then since jalepeno's were on sale I bought some and then found a yummy recipe for bacon wrapped jalepeno thingies that you cook in the over (a big hit). So, inbetween holding crying sick kids, cleaning up messes and just taking care of sick kids, we ate yummy food and made the best of it. Just some highlights of the last couple days:

*Mya is the least sick of the three, so she is kind of being neglected, so she likes to walk around and say "me sick too!" Yesterday she walked around with nothing on her bottom half most of the day because while she can take her undies off to go to the bathroom, she can't put them back on and mom was too busy to keep putting them on for her (thus the reason there is no pic of her on this post). She is missing her big brother though and seems very lost without him to play with!

* Emmit HATES taking medicine. The other two always (and still do) loved taking it. They loved the flavoring and thought it was like candy. Since Emmit is not a small boy and has stubborn ear infections, he has to take the FULL dropper (3ml) THREE times a day. I'm just glad his fever has gone so I don't have to also fight him to take tylenol every 4 hours on top of the antibiotic. He is also back to crying if I am not holding him, and if he does happen to let me set him down, crying if I go out of his sight. Fun Fun.

*Kylan is one sick sick little boy. By last night he couldn't even take a sip of anything without throwing up, and yet he was thirsty that he would grap a cup and guzzle what was in it before we could stop him (and the end up in the bathroom a few minutes later). He is doing MUCH better today, in that he can drink and eat a very little bit without getting sick. He has just been sleeping all day though, waking up just to eat and drink a little here and there. Tim told him last night how everyone was asking why he wasn't in the dump truck, so this morning Kylan told me Rob and Aaron and Gavin are missing me at work, so I have to get better so I can ride with dad tomorrow. That is how sick he is, he doesn't even want to go in the truck today.


*Dad and Mom are hanging in there. Of course it just so happens that they are chopping rye at the dairy, so no day off this week, working late and short or no lunch breaks for Tim. Teri came today and let me nap (I lost count of how many times we were up last night), but poor Tim just has to tough it out in the truck. He is so great though, and after dinner last night told me to go get us a treat because if he had been home with three sick kids all day he would need a break (I didn't even have to ask him, he just knew).

No comments: