Monday, February 9, 2009

The Big Brother Chronicles

I want to start recording all the funny and kind of scary things that Kylan does or attempts to do to Mya. So, here is the first installation of the Big Brother Chronicles.
  • When Ky wakes up the first thing he wants to know is where baby sister is and then he wants to see her, even if she's in bed.
  • When I change her diaper and she is screaming (she hates clothing to be removed), he will try to push me away from the changing table and gives me a really nasty look like I am hurting her on purpose
  • Kylan tried to feed her popcorn last night
  • He also tried to hit her over the head with my high heel shoe he had been wearing around - both Tim and I stopped him after seeing in his eyes what he was thinking of attempting.
  • He loves to put her pacifier in her mouth when she starts crying and likes to make her toys "dance" (turn on the music) to help her stop crying also
  • He wants her to watch movies with him in my room - but I am too nervious to leave her on the bed with him where I can't see her (shoe incident)
  • He calls her "pretty girl" and "cute girl" and loves her fingers and toys
  • Not too often, but once a day probably, he wants me to put her "over there" (in her bouncy seat) so that he can sit on my lap or play with me. It breaks my heart, but is usually when she is cranky or eating and I can't.
  • He has started catching on to the fact that when I am nursing her or doing other things with her, he can do things he isn't supposed to do (my mom warned me about this). As a result I have become pretty good at nursing while standing and walking around.

Just a few of the things that have happened at our house with two kids. I have to say the adjustment hasn't been too bad, in fact she seems so much easier than Kylan was and I don't know if she actually is or if it's that we know what we are doing now. Of course I always hear it's the third one that throws you off, but right now I'm thinking I will be able to handle more someday (which makes my husband very happy)!

No comments: