Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Then and Now

We all know anything done at a hospital is expensive, so I'm not going to complain because really I would pay any amount of money to have my wonderful children, but I just want to give everyone a little bit of an idea of how much more expensive having a baby has gotten since my parents were having children.
For the twins (1984), with no insurance and using the same doctor I did for Mya and the same hospital my parents paid about $1,000 total.
With insurance and only having one baby we have paid and will be paying for Mya a lot more than that!
Just an interesting thing to think about!

2 comments:

The Youngs said...

Oh, I believe it! Not that I would know... We had Caylee at a Navy hospital on base in California, and I ended up paying $2 and some odd cents for Kyle's "special meal", when I got mine for free. And that was all! I know we are VERY blessed to have wonderful insurance through the military. It would be interesting if we had a baby while living here though, just to see how much the hospital ends up billing our insurance & then how much our insurance actually pays them.

Kim said...

I always try to get an itemized bill to see what each individual thing cost - even since Ashley so much has doubled and even tripled in cost - it is ridiculous. The bill for just Dr. Reimer doubled since Kailyn.