Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Terrible Twos . . . Not just a myth!!!

Kylan has gone from being my sweet 1+ year old to the terrible twos over night! The last couple days has been nothing but NO's ( I could ask the kid if he wanted candy and his first response would be no), yelling Mama all day, especially if I try to engage Tim in a conversation, getting into everything he isn't supposed to (once again, especially if I am on the phone or otherwise distracted) and the culmination of it all happened at Gav and Rayanne's tonight. Rayanne so nicely offered to watch him during mutual tonight (Tim is in the YM's and I am in the YW's and we had New Beginnings tonight). Mutual went extra long because we had to clean up. I went to the store after and Tim went and picked Ky up. When I got home from the store Tim told me that Kylan had drawn all over Gav and Rayanne's TV. They were able to get it off after researching it on the internet (Crayon makes a magic eraser that takes Crayon off of everything), but I felt like crying and almost did before he told me it came off. I could go on and on about what has taken place at our house over the last couple days, but I won't. Pray that he makes it to his third birthday, because mom doesn't handle this well!!!
P.S. SORRY a million times Gav and Rayanne!!! We are sooooooo sorry!!!

5 comments:

The Sorensens said...

We love you and Kylan. It wasn't a big deal. It came right off thanks to the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser."

Mary said...

But he's so cute! (Coming from someone who isn't a mom... :)

Kassi said...

Now I know why they are so cute, if they weren't a lot of kids wouldn't make it past 2!!!

Anonymous said...

I still think Kylan thought the TV was a GIANT Etch-a-Sketch---that's his story and he's sticking with it!!! :O So glad to hear that it all ended well!

kelsey j said...

OH man, that's a little stressful! I love those magic markers!!! they are amazing. Daniel and I use them on everything. Well...actually they are expensive, so not everything, but I still LOVE them.